Thursday, January 8, 2009

Back in Seoul

I am sitting at school killing time before I walk down to the subway to meet some friends for an evening of informal Korean language class. I could wait for the 5:20 staff bus to take me to the subway station, but I want to get a little fresh air so I'll walk. A fellow teacher usually walks home to his apartment from school which also happens to be very near to the subway stop I am meeting friends at so I will probably stroll down with him. It usually takes only about 15 minutes or so depending if you catch the light or not.

Korean class basically is a couple teachers going to a fellow teachers house and trying to speak some Korean. One teacher in attendance is an American born Korean who helps us try to expand our Korean vocabulary. As you can imagine she has an amazing amount of patients when it comes to helping us. She helps us try to pronounce things correctly and answers all of our questions no matter how irrelevant or silly they may be.

Gotta boogie. I'll leave you with a picture taken from the front porch of a buddies ranch.

No comments: