Monday, September 27, 2010

Settling In

Well we finally feel like we're settling in our new house, job, city, country. We've gotten word that our shipment has arrived in Jakarta and are waiting to hear that it is in transit to Balikpapan. Our house still feels a bit like a hotel with bare walls and bland furniture. We are looking forward to making our apartment more homey by adding all our little trinkets, pictures, books and such. Many of the things that will be arriving were in storage for two years so it's almost like getting them for the first time.

I haven't gotten out to take many pictures as it's been pretty busy since we got here. I plan on getting out and snapping some pics of the extended neighborhood sometime in the next couple weeks. We are heading to Bali in about three weeks and you can be sure I'll get some pics there.

The MTB riding has been great. I have been getting out most weeks at least two days. I've taken the last week off due to a shoulder injury. I hope to be on the mend and plan on getting back out for a ride tomorrow afternoon.

We had a nice summer visiting with family and friends. Q and I were able to head to the east coast where he was able to spend some QT with his cousin Gray and I was able to spend some QT with my sister Steph and my brother Otto and his wife Nancy. My other sister Siovhan and her two daughters were able to come to Tucson for a visit as well. As always it was great to see everyone.

Last Friday a bunch of us went out for a night on the town to celebrate a coworkers birthday. It was a good time but we were all a bit groggy the next day. It was the first time I have hit the town since arriving in the first week of August. I haven't been out that late in a long, long time. The birthday boy happens to be the music teacher at the school I work at and therefore is Q's music teacher. We all piled in the car to go from one bar to another when he told this story.

The other day in class right in the middle of things Q raises his hand. I asked him what he wanted and he said this " Um um... my dad says that I rock.......... the party." To which Adam said "Well I bet you do".

The music teacehr got a kick out of it and so did I.

No comments: