Saturday, September 6, 2008

On The Move

Wow it feels like we have been full throttle all week. Tuesday made the whole week feel extra long because we didn't get home until after 10 pm. It was the school's curriculum night. The parents had a chance to come by and see what we are doing in the classroom.

Our upstairs neighbors both work in the high school whose curriculum night was two nights later. We swapped babysitting duties with them which worked out super well.

Speaking of babysitters we are breaking new ground tonight and have hired a babysitter. She works for an organization that was recommended by the school. We had her come by a little early so we could all hang out together and Quinn could feel a little more comfortable when we leave him with a total stranger. Actually he will be asleep by the time we leave and never know the difference.

Another big event this week was my dad stopping by for a couple hours. As I mentioned he had a long layover and hopped a shuttle into town. He was going to ship my bike from Jakarta for me because the airline would not let him only check it through to Seoul. He checked again at the airport in Tucson and they told him the same thing again. He checked again in LA and they were able to do it for him. YES. So he lugged it onto the shuttle for me and met me at a subway stop near our house. We came to our apartment so he could shower and then took a taxi to school where I gave him a whirlwind tour of the facilities. He was able to see J and Q for a couple minutes before we had to hop back in a taxi and head back to the shuttle drop off/pick up spot.

It was great to see him and to get my bike was a nice bonus.

Kudos to Bryan for getting my bike packed up as well as making and attaching some sweet handles to the boxes. They came in handy when I had to carry it from the subway station to the apartment.

Julia had a volleyball game this Friday. I took Q to watch the first three games. They lost the first and then won the next three. There were quite a few people watching and cheering on KIS. J did a superb job of coaching the girls to victory and of course everyone was very stoked with a win.

Another big bonus this week is that we both got cellphones. YEAH.

We have a week long holiday starting in one week. I am very ready for it. But then again I am always ready for vacation.

I'll try and get some pics tomorrow and get them up.

Adios

No comments: