Saturday, April 18, 2009

Haircut

Today we took Quinn for his first haircut. I've cut his hair once before but it was just a trim to reduce the mullet he was sporting. Today he got his first full on haircut. I got my hair cut first so Quinn could see all that the process entailed. Julia was describing things as they happened and he was taking it all in. We chose to go to a hair shop that catered to little ones. They even had a chair in the shape of a car complete with a TV showing cartoons directly in front.

None of this appealed to Quinn when it came down to go time. He was content to sit on my lap though. He did remarkably well I have to say. He actually sat still and let the barber cut his hair while I moved his head this way and that. The barber took it very seriously and really spent some time getting it just right. Here are some pictures from our experience.

The "man's" shop:


Here I am inspecting the barber's armpit:

Notice not only the sweet haircut but the gold scissors hanging from the pimpin' gold chain:


The seal of approval:


Two freshly shorn gentlemen:

Tomorrow we have a B-day party. Pictures to follow.

1 comment:

Family Compass said...

Sweet pics. You should start using Q's seal of approval on products as a marketing tool. Who wouldn't trust that face and that thumb?