Thursday, October 22, 2009

Singapore II

I was back in Singapore for a tech workshop last week. It was another pleasant experience. I was able to see more of Singapore this time than ever before. I think this was actually my longest stay there.

I went to Singapore with a fellow elementary tech teacher. He was a great travel companion and I thouroughly enjoyed hanging out with him. We managed a nice mix of work and leisure throughout the week.

We actually went out for beers (imagine that) with our instructor on the second night (Thursday) of our workshop. Needless to say we were a bit foggy eyed Friday morning; but we muscled through and weren't too much worse for the wear. We learned some really cool stuff that I am definitely going to use in my classroom. I have actually already started applying some of what we learned. You may see some of the stuff bleed into this site in the coming weeks. I also was able to brush up on some Photoshop skills that I haven't used in quite some time. I haven't used Photoshop for a bit as I run most of my images through Aperture.

It was the Indian holiday of Diwali and the Indian community was out celebrating. We were walking through a park in the Little India section of Singapore and some guys invited us to sit with them. They were very generous and shared some plumb brandy and snacks with us.

Other notable spots we were able to take in were: Arab Street, China town, Boat Quay, Clarke Quay, and the expat bars & restaurants on Holland Ave.

Here are some pics from the week.










No comments: